As it happens with all power equipment, things start to break as they get older. If you are a do it yourself kind of person, that means you need to troubleshoot problem(s), buy necessary replacement parts and make repairs. To do your job effectively, you need information.
I have collected lots of hard to find information since purchasing my John Deere 1330 SE snowblower back in 2010.
I am publishing them here so that you too can diagnose and make repairs to your snowblower.
If you have any questions, suggestions or article ideas, please leave your comment below. Please note that “snowthrowers” and “snowblowers” terms are used interchangeably.
Quick Parts List (For more info, see MAINTENANCE and PARTS sections)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Brands and Models
- Model Specifications
- Operator and Parts Manuals
- Where to Buy Parts
- Links to Specific Parts
It is not widely known outside of the John Deere fan base that since 1991, all John Deere Walk Behind Snow blowers were made by different manufacturers, though John Deere continued to produce commercial grade Riding Snowblowers.
According to few John Deere sources, John Deere decided to stop making the walk behind snowblower after several seasons of low snowfall.
From 1991 to 2018, John Deere sold re-badged snowblowers from various manufacturers like Murray (and it’s sub-brand Frontier), Ariens, Simplicity (later bought by Briggs & Stratton) and Briggs and Stratton.
As of 2021, B&S ended up in the bankruptcy court in late 2019 and a venture capital company purchased it in mid 2020. I have no idea how that will ultimately impact the availability of parts so it might be a good idea to purchase some extra parts on hand.
I hope that you find this reference source to be helpful as you troubleshoot and maintain your John Deere 1330SE snowblower.
Thanks and good luck!
- John Deere 1330SE Sales Brochure (external link to John Deere, PDF)
- Simplicity L1630E / L1730E Sales page (external link to Power Equipment Direct, html)
- Overview – Technical Specifications for John Deere 1330SE, Simplicity L1630E / L1730E
During the product of the John Deere 1330SE model, there were two other similar models under different manufacturing label:
- John Deere 1330SE
- 1696044 – manufactured in 2011-2012
- 1695812 – manufactured in 2008-2010
- Murray/Frontier 1330SE
- LP37058 (1696044)
- LP25939 (1695812)
- Simplicity L1630E / L1730E
- L16330 (1695663)
- L1730E (1695988)
You will want to keep these brands in mind when searching for your replacement part as John Deere branded parts may not be available.
|Model #||1330se||1330se||L1630e / L1730e|
|Auger Housing||TBD||2989644||2988434, 2988533|
|Engine||B&S 20m314-0118-el||B&S 20m314-0118-el||B&S 20m314-0118-el|
|Gear Case Assembly||1723303||1723303||1723303|
OPERATOR AND PARTS MANUALS
- John Deere 1330SE Manuals
- Simplicity L1730E Manuals
- Briggs and Stratton Engine Manuals
- Briggs & Stratton Operator and parts manuals (article link)
RELATED SNOWBLOWER ARTICLES
General / Maintenance
- Prepare Early – Don’t Get Stuck in the Snow (prep & maintenance)
- Thinking about purchasing a snow thrower (a.k.a. snow blower)
- John Deere 1330SE Dual Stage Snow Thrower – How Does It Work
- A Must-Have Spray Can for Your Snowblower
- Make Your own Carburetor Gasket and Save Money
- Resource Page (older post; replaced with this post)
Service Manual / Information
- Simplicity L1630E Operating Manual (JD removed its link; L1630E is an identical model to 1330SE) – External Link to download a PDF file
- Simplicity L1630 Parts Manual – External Link to download a PDF file
- John Deere 1330SE Walk-behind Snowthrower – Reference Page 1
- John Deere 1330SE Walk-behind Snowthrower – Reference Page 2 (oil change, shear pins, etc.)
- John Deere 1330se Snowblower – Wiring Harness for the Handle Group
- John Deere 1330se Snowblower – Wiring Harness for the Auger Group
- Briggs and Stratton Engines – Operator and Parts Manuals
Pulley / Belt Problems
- How To Change the Auger Belt for John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower
- John Deere 1330SE Snowblower – Broke My Impeller Pulley Belt the Second Time
Electric Chute problems
- How Does Electric Chute Switch Work on a John Deere 1330 SE Snowblower
- How to Fix a Broken Electric Chute on a John Deere 1330 SE Snowblower
Impeller / Auger Problems
- Troubleshooting a Broken Headlight on John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower
- Converting to Non-OEM Headlights on John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower
Please note that Amazon link is an affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
- Auger Belt
- Drive Belt
- Shear Pins
- Engine Oil
- Fuel Stabile
- Nitrile Gloves
- Spark Plug
- Dual-stage Intake Impeller (external link to buy Part # 1612187BMYP)
- Amazon (external link to Amazon)
- Briggs & Stratton Parts Look Up (external link to Briggs and Stratton) (1)
- Jacks Small Engines – 2008-2010 models (external link to JackSmallEngines.com)
- Jacks Small Engines – 2011-2012 models (external link to JackSmallEngines.com)
- Green Part Store (external link to GreenPartStore.com)
- MTD Parts (external link to MTParts.com)
- Parts Tree (external link to PartsTree.com)
- Parts Warehouse (external link to PartsWearhouse.com)
WHERE TO GET SERVICE
I’ve heard some disturbing story about some JD dealers refusing to service a 1330se unless it was bought from them (for example, no service for Lowes purchases). I have confirmed with JD customer service that this in incorrect.
I strongly urge you to inform these dealers that it is John Deere’s policy to service all John Deere branded products.
If you need further assistance or support on these products please contact the John Deere Power Products Consumer Helpline at:
- USA: (888) 228-3068 (option 3)
- Canada: (800) 661-6662
Please have your product ID and serial number available as this will help to identify your unit.
Please remember that these are EXTERNAL links.
- How to Do a Small Engine Tune Up (Briggs and Stratton Youtube Video)
- How to Check, Clean and Replace Spark Plug (B&S Youtube video)
- How to Repair, Maintain and Adjust Carburetors
- Small Engine Problem Solving Tips (Briggs and Stratton)
- How to Troubleshoot Your Snow Blower Not Starting (Briggs and Stratton)
KEY POINTS With clear instructions, rebuilding or thoroughly cleaning a carburetor is not that hardExtra replacement parts should be purchased before starting this project INTRODUCTION When I was first told that I have to rebuild a carburetor on my Generac Wheelhouse 5550 generator, I was downright skeptical. But like everything else in life, things are…
This article is a follow up from my previous post titled, Troubleshooting a Broken Headlight on John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower, where I replaced my faulty headlight bulbs on my John Deere snow blower. Specifically, a reader left a note about replacing his OEM bulbs with a BA15s 1156 G18 parking light model from RCTTCO.…
KEY POINTS Comprehensive list of exact spare parts and maintenance items you should purchaseStep-by-step instructions on changing oil and replacing a spark plug IF YOU ARRIVED ON THIS PAGE VIA SEARCH ENGINEYou may want to review my “The Ultimate Resource Guide for John Deere 1330SE Snowblower”. INTRODUCTION With inevitable snow season starting soon, I wanted…