A Legacy of Service, Hope for the Future
DAV (Disabled American Veterans) is the most long-lasting veterans advocacy and assistance group in this country. We’ve watched this country change and grow, and we’ve grown along with it.
However, DAV has never wavered in its core mission to fulfill our country’s promises to the men and women who served.
AllThumbsDIY would like to invite our readers, veterans and civilian, men and women, young and old, to join us as we stand up for those veterans who risked it all when they stood up for us, our country, and our ideals.
We use Charity Navigator to evaluate financial statements of charitable organizations prior to donating (click here to read more about Charity Navigator).
Disabled American Veterans spends 95% on program expenses (percent of the charity’s total expenses spent on the programs and services it delivers) has received 4 out 4 stars from Charity Navigator (direct link to Charity Navigator report here).
How to Donate
The Disabled American Veterans (DAV) charity provides a range of services for veterans, and there are several ways to donate to support their efforts. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to donate to DAV:
- Online Donations:
- Visit the DAV official website.
- Look for a “Donate” button or link. It’s usually prominently displayed on the homepage.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation.
- You can usually choose to donate using a credit card, PayPal, or other online payment methods.
- Mail-In Donations:
- Write a check payable to “DAV” or “Disabled American Veterans.”
- You can find the mailing address for donations on the DAV website. Often, it’s provided under contact information or a dedicated donations page.
- Mail your check to the provided address.
- Vehicle Donations:
- DAV runs a program where you can donate your car, boat, RV, or other vehicles. The proceeds from the sale of the vehicle will benefit DAV.
- Visit the vehicle donation page on the DAV website to get more details and initiate the process.
- Planned Giving:
- Consider leaving a legacy gift to DAV through your will, trust, or by naming DAV as a beneficiary in your retirement plan or insurance policy.
- Contact DAV or consult their website for more details on planned giving options.
- Tribute Gifts:
- You can make a donation in honor or memory of someone.
- This option may be available online or by mail, depending on the organization’s processes.
- Attend Fundraising Events:
- DAV might host events or fundraisers throughout the year. Attending and contributing during these events can also be a way to support the organization.
- Gifts of Stock or Other Assets:
- Some charities accept gifts in the form of stocks, bonds, or other assets. Check with DAV to see if they provide this option.
- Spread the Word:
- Even if you can’t donate money, raising awareness about DAV and its mission can also be beneficial. Share their campaigns on social media or speak about their work with friends and family.
- Other Ways to Help:
- Sometimes, besides monetary contributions, organizations appreciate donations in the form of volunteering time, skills, or services. Check with DAV to see if there are volunteer opportunities available.