As it happens with all power equipment, things start to break as they get older. If you are a do it yourself kind of person, that means you need to troubleshoot problem(s), buy necessary replacement parts and make repairs. To do your job effectively, you need information.
I have collected lots of hard to find information since purchasing my John Deere 1330 SE snowblower back in 2010.
I am publishing them here so that you too can diagnose and make repairs to your snowblower.
If you have any questions, suggestions or article ideas, please leave your comment below. Please note that “snowthrowers” and “snowblowers” terms are used interchangeably.
|Quick Parts List (For more info, see MAINTENANCE and PARTS sections)|
|ENGINE OIL – 5w-30 (synthetic preferable)|
FUEL (GASOLINE) – unleaded, regular (must use with Stabil fuel stabilizer)
SPARK PLUG – Briggs and Stratton, Part # 796112 or Champion Copper Plus RJ19LM (set gap to 0.030) ; you need to check your engine code to confirm the spark plug model as your 1330SE may have a different B&S engine models installed than mine
BELT, DRIVE – Briggs and Stratton, Part #1733324SM (wedge or knob design is fine)
BELT, AUGER – Briggs and Stratton, Part #1736421YP (V-belt 4L 038.35)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
It is not widely known outside of the John Deere fan base that since 1991, all John Deere Walk Behind Snow blowers were made by different manufacturers, though John Deere continued to produce commercial grade Riding Snowblowers.
According to few John Deere sources, John Deere decided to stop making the walk behind snowblower after several seasons of low snowfall.
From 1991 to 2018, John Deere sold re-badged snowblowers from various manufacturers like Murray (and it’s sub-brand Frontier), Ariens, Simplicity (later bought by Briggs & Stratton) and Briggs and Stratton.
As of 2021, B&S ended up in the bankruptcy court in late 2019 and a venture capital company purchased it in mid 2020. I have no idea how that will ultimately impact the availability of parts so it might be a good idea to purchase some extra parts on hand.
I hope that you find this reference source to be helpful as you troubleshoot and maintain your John Deere 1330SE snowblower.
Thanks and good luck!
- John Deere 1330SE Sales Brochure (external link to John Deere, PDF)
- Simplicity L1630E / L1730E Sales page (external link to Power Equipment Direct, html)
- Overview – Technical Specifications for John Deere 1330SE, Simplicity L1630E / L1730E
During the product of the John Deere 1330SE model, there were two other similar models under different manufacturing label:
- John Deere 1330SE
- 1696044 – manufactured in 2011-2012
- 1695812 – manufactured in 2008-2010
- Murray/Frontier 1330SE
- LP37058 (1696044)
- LP25939 (1695812)
- Simplicity L1630E / L1730E
- L16330 (1695663)
- L1730E (1695988)
You will want to keep these brands in mind when searching for your replacement part as John Deere branded parts may not be available.
|Model #||1330se||1330se||L1630e / L1730e|
|Auger Housing||TBD||2989644||2988434, 2988533|
|Engine||B&S 20m314-0118-el||B&S 20m314-0118-el||B&S 20m314-0118-el|
|Gear Case Assembly||1723303||1723303||1723303|
OPERATOR AND PARTS MANUALS
When you are troubleshooting or looking for parts, you need to use the Briggs and Stratton manual for all engine related issues.
For all other, non-engine snow blower issues, you should refer to John Deere, Murray and/or Simplicity operator’s manual.
|Manufacturers are constantly changing their links to their manuals and documentation. If you find that the link no longer works for a particular document, please leave a comment below with what you need so that I can see if I have an offline copy.|
- John Deere 1330SE Manuals
- John Deere Operator’s Manual (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/51721/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU1MTk4MTQ4L3NpZC9GRTZPZ1BJbQ==/filename/972-1330SE+OM.pdf )
- John Deere Parts List (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://groundscare.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/51731/0/filename/995+-+1330SE_Parts_Catalog.pdf)
- Simplicity L1730E Manuals (only L1630E are available which are quite similar to L1730E)
- Simplicity Operator’s Manual (external site no longer allows direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/support/manuals/results/_jcr_content/par/productmanuallisting.downloadmanual.1738498_C_LO.pdf.html)
- Simplicity Illustrated Parts List (external site no longer allows direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.thepowerportal.com/ipls/ipl.htm?md=1695663_IPLURL_LO.pdf)
- Briggs and Stratton Engine Manuals
- Briggs & Stratton Operator and parts manuals (article link)
RELATED SNOWBLOWER ARTICLES
General / Maintenance
- Prepare Early – Don’t Get Stuck in the Snow (prep & maintenance)
- Thinking about purchasing a snow thrower (a.k.a. snow blower)
- John Deere 1330SE Dual Stage Snow Thrower – How Does It Work
- A Must-Have Spray Can for Your Snowblower
- Make Your own Carburetor Gasket and Save Money
- Resource Page (older post; replaced with this post)
Service Manual / Information
- Simplicity L1630E Operating Manual (JD removed its link; L1630E is an identical model to 1330SE) – External Link to download a PDF file
- Simplicity L1630 Parts Manual – External Link to download a PDF file
- John Deere 1330SE Walk-behind Snowthrower – Reference Page 1
- John Deere 1330SE Walk-behind Snowthrower – Reference Page 2 (oil change, shear pins, etc.)
- John Deere 1330se Snowblower – Wiring Harness for the Handle Group
- John Deere 1330se Snowblower – Wiring Harness for the Auger Group
- Briggs and Stratton Engines – Operator and Parts Manuals
Pulley / Belt Problems
- How To Change the Auger Belt for John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower
- John Deere 1330SE Snowblower – Broke My Impeller Pulley Belt the Second Time
Electric Chute problems
- How Does Electric Chute Switch Work on a John Deere 1330 SE Snowblower
- How to Fix a Broken Electric Chute on a John Deere 1330 SE Snowblower
Impeller / Auger Problems
- Troubleshooting a Broken Headlight on John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower
- Converting to Non-OEM Headlights on John Deere 1330SE Snow Blower
Please note that Amazon link is an affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you click on the link and make a purchase.
- Auger Belt
- Drive Belt
- Shear Pins
- Engine Oil
- Fuel Stabile
- Nitrile Gloves
- Spark Plug
- Dual-stage Intake Impeller (external link to buy Part # 1612187BMYP)
- Amazon (external link to Amazon)
- Briggs & Stratton Parts Look Up (external link to Briggs and Stratton) (1)
- Jacks Small Engines – 2008-2010 models (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/murray/2010-models/snow-equipment/snow-throwers/dual-stage/30-auger-path/1695812-lp25939-1330se-16-5tp-30-dual-stage-thrower-2010)
- Jacks Small Engines – 2011-2012 models (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/murray/2010-models/snow-equipment/snow-throwers/dual-stage/30-auger-path/1695812-lp25939-1330se-16-5tp-30-dual-stage-thrower-2010)
- Green Part Store (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Model-1330SE-Walk-Behind-Snow-Blower-Parts.html )
- MTD Parts (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.mtdparts.com/en_US/search?q=1695812+&lang=en_US )
- Parts Tree (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.partstree.com/models/1330se-1695812-john-deere-30-snow-thrower-2010/ )
- Parts Warehouse (external site does not allow direct linking; please copy and paste; https://www.partswarehouse.com/1696044-Murray-LP37058-1330SE-16-5TP-30-Dual-Stage-s/245453.htm)
WHERE TO GET SERVICE
I’ve heard some disturbing story about some JD dealers refusing to service a 1330se unless it was bought from them (for example, no service for Lowes purchases). I have confirmed with JD customer service that this in incorrect.
I strongly urge you to inform these dealers that it is John Deere’s policy to service all John Deere branded products.
If you need further assistance or support on these products please contact the John Deere Power Products Consumer Helpline at:
- USA: (888) 228-3068 (option 3)
- Canada: (800) 661-6662
Please have your product ID and serial number available as this will help to identify your unit.
Please remember that these are EXTERNAL links.