With inevitable snow season starting soon, I wanted to do some quick preventative maintenance on my John Deere 1330se snow thrower. With my dealer charging over $200, I figured I would do these myself:
- Drain & Replace Engine Oil;
- Replace Spark Plug;
- Lubricate and adjust Traction and August Control Cables and Linkages;
- Check for loose bolts and nuts;
- Check for leaks;
- Inspect Auger and Drive belts;
- Check Engine Compression
- Clean Carburetor;
- Check Carburetor RPM settings
- Check Shear Pins
- Adjust Scraper and Skids
- Replenish with high octane fuel;
By doing some simple tasks upfront, I am hoping to avoid any major breakdowns….
If you liked this article, can you do me a favor and sign up for my newsletter? The signup form is found at the top of the screen on the right side.